Senior System Administrator (Linux) and Technical Support Manager
We are looking for a highly committed and responsible person with proven strong organizational skills to lead the Technical Operations Department of a fast-growing international software and consultancy company with first class customers predominately in Spain and Europe. Our mission-critical software products are installed at various credit institutions and our clients require assistance to install, configure and troubleshoot our solutions.
As a member of the Global Technical Support Group the candidate will report to the EMEA & LAC Delivery Director performing the following duties:
- – Lead the local Technical Operations Department team on a daily basis.
- – Assure the most efficient operation of the Department in terms of organization and resource management.
- – Design necessary internal procedures in order to guarantee the above goal.
- – Write and maintain high-quality technical documentation (client specific as well as internal).
- – Provide ongoing maintenance and administration of the organization’s cloud infrastructure as well as of the local office.
- – Provide system administration and maintenance support on Windows, and Linux-based environments.
- – Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements.
- – Work closely with the Delivery team providing technical project support of any kind such as:
- • Provide hardware and software requirements and IT infrastructure design.
- • Installation and configuration of GDS Modellica applications on clients’ servers as well as in the cloud infrastructure (SaaS).
- • Perform technical trainings to clients.
- • Act as the main link between the Delivery team and Product development Dept. providing technical best practices.
- – Assist the Sales team with the technical aspects in the preparation of offers and presentations.
- – As ultimately responsible of the Technical Support Help Desk and Support system providing first class support to our clients post-delivery.
The position is based in Madrid office and most of the work is done at our premises with occasional displacements to clients’ sites.
- – Fluent English (written and spoken) is a must in order to be considered for the position. Knowledge of additional languages is a plus as well as documented experience abroad (outside Spain).
- – 5+ years’ experience as System Administrator and/or Support Technician as well as in leading a small team (up to 5 people) preferable in a multicultural environment.
- – BS, MS, or PhD in a Science related field.
- – Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize among several concurrent tasks.
- – Strong sense of responsibility and commitment to go above and beyond to meet deliverables.
- – Strong service attitude and initiative to investigate technical issues.
- – Accustomed to work under high pressure.
- – Excellent networking experience. Ability to configure, install and maintain all routers, switches, firewall and VPN.
- – Excellent command of Linux and Windows at administrator level.
- – Documented experience with Amazon AWS.
- – Documented experience of monitoring and administration applications (such as Nagios, Amazon Cloudwatch and Puppet).
- – Demonstrated experience with scripting (bash, perl, python or powershell).
- – Advanced knowledge of Application Servers.
- – Advanced knowledge of SOAP/XML, REST/Json and WebServices/APIs.
- – Advanced knowledge in writing SQL queries and tuning the queries for optimization.
- – Advanced knowledge of Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook).
- – Good knowledge of MongoDB
- – Good knowledge of Spark / Hadoop.
- – Experience with OTRS ticketing system is a plus.